The data architect role within engineering group at SignalDemand is very critical role for the company. We are looking for a individual with a lot of hands on experience and ability to drive large initiatives as well.
SignalDemand provides predictive analytics and optimization for commodity based value chains. Through on-demand software and services, SignalDemand delivers real-time recommendations for complex price, mix, supply and purchasing decisions across products, customers, channels and suppliers. Using patented mathematical models to process thousands of variables, SignalDemand enables better day-to-day decision-making and increased profit margins.
- Design and develop overall data architecture, data model, database design and data integration.
- Perform data analysis to design and develop appropriate design models for warehouse and analytics.
- Collaborate with team to establish data architecture design.
- Develop logical and physical data models to support design and development of data warehouse and data marts.
- Develop and implement various data ware house methodologies like OLAP cubes, start and snowflake schema.
- Work in partnership with database administrators to implement physical data model into high performing databases.
- Support existing product in analyzing and tuning data base performance issues including refactoring of existing database, ETL and general system design as well as individual SQL queries.
- Act as a technology expert in evaluating and choosing right toolset in building next generation BI platform
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8 or more years of Data Warehouse/Architecture or Business Intelligence experience required.
- 8 plus years of logical and physical data model development experience in support complex enterprise software platform.
- Rich experience in building BI platform/product on top of highly complex enterprise software product/solution.
- Ability to perform data analysis and data profiling to help in data architecture.
- Experience in developing dimensional models with conformed dimensions.
- Experience with both OLTP and OLAP development.
- Working knowledge of Oracle DBMS and any other popular database, ideally SAP’s new HANA database.
- Skilled in developing requirements and technical specifications documentation.
- Ability to design, develop, and deploy new solutions while supporting and enhancing existing enterprise solutions.
- Must be a self starter and hands on to work with highly talented engineering team.
- Experience with database design and tuning for multitenant software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Desired Experience:
- BI tools like Cognos or Business Objects
- ETL tools, ideally Informatica
- Optimization software or model is highly desirable.
- SaaS based enterprise software product development is additional plus.
- Supply chain and/or manufacturing systems
- Commodity or agricultural verticals
SignalDemand is based in downtown San Francisco. Preference for local candidates, but strong candidates based in any US location considered. Some travel to customer sites required during initial configuration and deployment phases. Some travel expected to San Francisco HQ should candidate be remote
Competitive salary and stock options. Competitive health and dental care. Generous vacation
Principals only. Please email your cover letter and resume to .