Senior Optimization Scientist
SignalDemand provides predictive analytics and optimization for commodity based value chains. Through on-demand software and services, SignalDemand delivers real-time recommendations for complex price, supply and purchasing decisions across products, customers, channels and suppliers. Using patented mathematical models to process thousands of variables, SignalDemand enables better day-to-day decision-making and increased profit margins.
The Senior Optimization Scientist leads the development of models and algorithms underpinning SignalDemand’s software and incorporating aspects of both revenue management and supply chain optimization. As a principal member of the science team, this person will collaborate with customers, product managers, and software engineers. A passion for applying mathematical tools to important business problems is required.
- Own the price and supply optimization models for assigned customers. Understand early requirements, define data needs, create models, and analyze results. Interpret and articulate optimization results and benefits for customers.
- Develop new scientific methods in the area of price and supply optimization, and risk management. Work with product managers and engineers to extend SignalDemand’s suite of software applications. Build prototype models for concept and approach validation.Research and develop new optimization algorithms.
- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field.
- Strong knowledge of optimization and probability theory.
- At least 2-3 years experience in building price or supply chain optimization models in an established mathematical modeling language.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact with customers.
- GAMS or AMPL
- SQL databases (Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, etc.)
- Object oriented programming (Java, C++)
- Analysis packages (R, MatLab, Mathematica, etc.)
- Familiarity with both Windows and Unix environments
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
Principals only. Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
or fax to:
Attention: Human Resources Department
101 Montgomery St
Floor 4, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94104