Sr. Software(Java/Flex) Developer
SignalDemand provides predictive analytics and optimization for commodity based value chains. Through on-demand software and services, SignalDemand delivers real-time recommendations for complex price, mix, supply and purchasing decisions across products, customers, channels and suppliers. Using patented mathematical models to process thousands of variables, SignalDemand enables better day-to-day decision-making and increased profit margins.
The Sr. Software Developer will be an outstanding individual familiar with all aspects of Java and Flex development. The candidate will be responsible for both front end(70%) and backend(30%) development of our development. The candidate should have some experience on the Tomcat, Flex, Spring, Struts and Hibernate, The candidate is most likely currently Sr. Data or Application team lead with extensive experience for a SaaS company or a BI/Analytics division of a larger company. The job is in our San Francisco office.
Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
- 4-5 years experience on Java/J2EE development
- Agile product development methodologies (SCRUM) is required
- Working in a fast-paced startup environment is required
- Working in a matrix environment with solution management, architects and virtual team members
Required Technical Expertise:
- Java Programming and J2EE framework
- At least two of these framework: Flex, Hibernate, Sprint, Struts
- Experience w Tomcat or Jboss
- Familiar with the tools such as Bugzilla, Perforce, CVS, SVN, Wiki
- Familiar with the Continuous Integration and Automatic Unit Testing Framework (Jenkins)
- Basic knowledge on SQL/PLSQL and DB design
- Some forecasting math background is a plus.
- Strong expertise Design, Performance, Availability, Security, Recoverability.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Work on a fast pace small company with some independency
- Deliver the project on schedule or ahead of schedule
- Great attitude to play multiple roles
- Support key customer engagements with domain expertise and strategic perspective.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science or related technical disciplines; Masters is a plus
Principals only. Please email your cover letter and resume to .